Wednesday 11 April 2012

Shoes...


I have had my eye on a pair of minty green (I believe they have officially been christened Gossamer Green) Vans for some time now. The thing is I don’t think they are as nice, or as versatile, as my trusty blues. However the old faithfuls are looking decidedly dilapidated and I am in need of a new pair of Shoobes, and it seems a bit dull to buy the same pair again.

I am also tempted by high-tops. Several pairs have caught my eye ranging from a basic plain white to Nike IDs (the kids versions as they are more snazy) via a rather lovely liberty print pair. I’m only slightly concerned that the high top lovin’ was inspired by a group of bright young things I spotted on the beach last week. They reminded me of my teen years… whilst I am still young I am no longer a teen and perhaps they’re not the shoe for me?
Thing is high tops are something of a statement and at £60 odd a pop are they really a good investment? 

In other news I need a pair of sandals. Phee and I are off to France in May and seeing as I haven’t bought a pair since 2007 I feel a new set are justified. Last year I toyed with the idea of a pair of sensible Clarks but couldn’t afford them. In the end I opted for some boots instead (buying winter shoes in Summer isn’t as mad as it sounds- you can usually pick up a bangin’ bargain) which has resulted in my current lack of summer footwear. 
ANYWAY there is a pretty pair in Topshop for £18, which seems like a fair exchange though I doubt they will see many Summers…
As always, Love to hear your comments and opinions so keep 'em coming. Love to all xXx

1 comment:

Leave me a little bit of love.