Sunday 10 July 2011

What A Wicked Weekend?!

My absolutely gorgeous friend Elissa came to stay on Friday night. We spent a highly enjoyable evening drinking gin, eating chocolate and having a jolly old chin wag. Its been bloody ages since we last got together, and there was so much to talk about. We stayed up far too late, drank far too much gin, and ate rather a lot of chocolate. Then we fell asleep watching Laura Croft: Cradle of Life. It was a darn good evening.

I should mention that Liss is a super talented musician,with a bangin' voice, and she recently released her third album In To The Light, of which I am the proud owner of a signed copy.
Brandishing my copy of Into The Light.
On Saturday we had a leisurely morning (both feeling a little worse for wear- thanks a bunch gin), then headed to Lewes for BBQing fun in the sun.

Cooking not on gas.
Mum being amazed by the powers of modern technology (a portable ipod dock)
yes gurning is the new black. Didn't you know?!
Not much of an outfit post, but thought I'd slip this one in. Mostly because I'm a raving narcissist, but also because this poor little play-suit rarely gets an airing and it really deserves one.
The afternoons beverage selection.
 We spent a splendid afternoon relaxing in the sun, and being merry. Liss and I also did a bit of a Q&A session about her new album, which I'll post as soon as I have figured out i-movies. In the mean time you can find out what makes her tick here, hear samples from the album here, and a couple of pics...


My fave. pic form the album sleeve.


The later half of my weekend came as quite a surprise. After I dropped Liss at the train station I headed home for what I imagined to be a quiet night in, spent watching pants TV, drinking tea, and eating biscuits. However a rather drunken surprise parcel appeared in the form of the boy. So Sunday was spent relaxing by the sea, in the sun, with bottles of cold beer and wedges of lime!

yeah it was quite sunny and poor old Andy was sans sunnies.
If you look closely you can see a 'Jack Sparrow' alike sitting on the wall. He hung around for the whole day trying (and failing) to make a human connection- mostly with young attractive women.



This just made me laugh.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend 
xXx

3 comments:

  1. ha you always seem to have the most marvelous times! i love staying up late with good friends. my bestie stayed over the other night & we had such a good time giggling into the night (& trying to kill this MASSIVE MONSTER MOTH that was trying to attack us). Anyways, looks like lots of fun. I'll have to check out your friend's CD. *sigh* I wish I lived closer to the sea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes do, its fantastic, well worth a listen.
    Why is it girlie sleep overs are always beset by creepy crawlies? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had such a great time :D Oh, and Corona is such a great beer eheh!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little bit of love.