Thursday 19 May 2011

Power Dressing

As the old adage goes, 'never judge a book by its cover', however you should never underestimate the power of clothes to affect your mood and the way you behave, not to mention the impression you give off. People make assumptions based on what they see. We all do it, its human. The majority of us don't act on looks alone, but the ability to influence by dressing to suit a situation can be very useful.

Up first, an outfit that has featured on my blog already. Its simple, comfortable, and versatile. As a result it has become something of staple (regular followers will be familiar with my love of the breton).

This Dress is actually a large t-shirt 

The cardi is an old purchase from Zara. 

Dress, H&M
Cardi, Zara
As a special treat I donned my glasses, and voila I can see!
So today I have a meeting with the woman who has been responsible for the PR of the company I recently started working for. She is actually an old school friend of my boss, so I assume she is in a similar mould and fairly laid back. Despite this I thought I would make a bit of an effort and wear a shirt.

Jeans keep the whole outfit, relaxed (don't want to over do it), as does the jacket. The boots are ancient, well past their best, but I love them. They are comfy and the heel, not only adds height but gives my step a little swagger.

Shirt, H&M
Jeans, Topshop
Boots, Jones



Jacket, Topshop, £99
(I know, but its super good quality. Its a couple of years old now, but still going strong)

Have fun today guys, so nearly the weekend.

Oh almost forgot to say. I am going down to Weymouth for the weekend tomorrow. its going to be a highly family oriented weekend. I know there is at least one picnic planned with a hefty walk on either side of it, plus many cameras to capture the moment.  Also no one has a car so there will be lots of bus travel- any suggestions for outfits? I need something that is warm enough (in case the weather changes), easy to walk in, and suitable for hopping on and off public transport (and more than likely running for it!)

xXx

1 comment:

  1. You honestly have the cutest smile ever. I love both of these outfits! That jacket is awesome. x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little bit of love.