Wednesday 20 April 2011

Domestic Bliss

Grimmauld Place has an Ironing Board! This is properly exciting, as until now we have been using a hair dryer to dry, and de-crumple, any floaty chiffony lovelies. Inspired by this, and the fact that the delivery wasn't delivered at work (thus meaning I had a rather longer day than expected) I decided to cook.

I enjoy cooking, especially baking, the issue is that almost everything I make is inedible. This, coupled with the fact that there has been more than one occasion where Andy thought he was dying after eating my culinary delights, has resulted in a decrease in my kitchen time. However today I took the plunge and made goats cheese, and sun-dried tomato pithiviers.

Considering the above they actually turned out pretty good, if I say so myself.


OK so they got a tad burned but on the whole a success! No I didn't make the puff pastry, I bought it from Sainsbury's. But hey walking before running...

In case you want to make your own:

Puy Lentils
Sun-dried tomatos
Goats Cheese
Garlic
Red Onion
Rosemary
Peas (I was trying to make it summery but in hindsight I think I would exchange peas for Spinach or something)
Cashew nuts

Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Puff Pastry
1 Egg for glazing

pop it all together, stick together with egg, seal by pressing together with a fork then bake for 25 mins. I just cranked up the heat and waited for the pastry to go 'golden-brown'/a tad burned. YUM!



The new addition to the household!

The old iron.


xXx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little bit of love.